• Meet with clients to understand the business challenge and their customer needs;
• Plan and carry out formative and validation research (usability testing) to uncover user motivations, jobs-to-be-done and pain points;
• Map out user journeys and as-is task flows, informed by your research and working with subject matter experts from the client and technology disciplines;
• Design and run cross-discipline ideation sessions to identify opportunities and develop innovative solutions;
• Create the assets (low to mid-fidelity wires/prototypes) for use in research and usability testing and to get buy-in from stakeholders;
• Estimate and roadmap UX activities at a high-level so you can brief the close-to-development design teams ensuring they are always clear about what is expected and that what is designed for development delivers on the strategic/business objectives;
• Build clear narratives that link business/digital strategies to design decisions;
• Build relationships within the Endava business to help support and develop new and existing clients, demonstrating the value User Experience and UX Research can bring to engagements;
• Work directly with clients to help define products and product roadmaps;
• Manage and mentor other members of your team;
• Work alongside Enterprise and Solution Architects to ensure experiences meet the technical requirements of the client;
• Work alongside Engineers and Business Analysts to deliver the feature roadmap, validate assumptions and remove uncertainty.
Required skills and experience:
• You will have experience working as a User Experience professional for a minimum of 5 years;
• You are not expected to be a technologist, but you will be confident in front of clients when talking about technology with a demonstrable grasp of how software and software experiences are built;
• You will be a strong verbal, written and visual communicator with a grasp of industry-standard design and prototyping software, especially Sketch, InVision and Miro;
• You will have experience in user experience methodologies and practices, including user-centered design;
• You will have demonstrable experience designing and facilitating co-creation sessions and collaborative workshops with stakeholders and users;
• You will be able to create feature roadmaps (using user story maps or similar) using your knowledge of task flows and user journeys and working with our architects to understand dependencies;
• You will have strong analytical skills with the ability to translate research and data into meaningful and creative insight;
• You will have a solid grasp of business commercials and use this experience to shape proposals (with the support of the wider team);
• You will have a keen interest in business and how businesses create value for their customers and shareholders;
Desirable skills and experience:
• Working in or with start-ups or in a corporate venture lab environment;
• Crafting business models using the business model canvas (or similar);
• Developing customer models and value propositions;
• Experience using analytical products such as Google Analytics;
• Excellent verbal and written English: You will be expected to clearly articulate your ideas in English as this is the native language of the majority of our clients;
• Excellent client relationship skills: You must be able to create rapport and relationships across a range of clients and functions;
• Excellent communication skills: You must be fully confident taking on a client-facing role with the necessary skills required to work with clients, suppliers and colleagues;
• Design thinking: Your thought process must be creative and customer-focused. We are looking for brave agents of change who can guide and influence our clients’ thinking;
• Passion and creative thinking: We pride ourselves on the quality of our deliverables, from an email to a client presentation.
What are we looking for:
Offer and benefits:
• Opportunity to work in an international environment;
• Career development opportunities;
• Competitive salary and rewards package;
• We are currently remote working but this is a permanent position based in our London office so you must be able to get into our office at Old Broad Street by 9:00 when required (for example to attend a client meeting or workshop).
Candidates will be required to complete a full background screening before commencing employment, including UK electoral roll/credit check, basic disclosure criminal record check and global sanction checks.
All candidates must have eligibility to work in the UK.
How would you rate your experience with Endava so far?
We would appreciate talking to you about your feedback. Could you share with us your contact details?