As a Senior Automation Engineer, you will help us to empower our customers delivering cloud/on-premise infrastructure and automation solutions using the best possible techniques.
- Design, implement and test tools and services to meet the project requirements.
- Develop, maintain and support system standards through configuration management, automation templates, scripting, and version control.
- Stay up-to-date on relevant technologies pertinent to the role and understand trends and opportunities to ensure continues to use the best possible techniques and tools
- Design and maintenance of technical documentation
- Work with cross-functional teams
- Provide support services during project go-live, performance tuning, and transition to support operations.
Qualifications and Experience
The successful applicants will be highly technical, a good team player and able to work calmly under pressure. Quick to learn and with a positive approach, as well as being one of the top technical specialists within their company, they will need to be good at expressing their ideas to management, customers and other technical people.
- Strong Linux skills.
- Cloud computing platforms experience (AWS, Azure, Google Cloud, etc)
- Virtualization technologies
- Containerization technologies (e.g. Docker)
- Monitoring tools (e.g. Grafana, ELK, Prometheus)
- Configuration management tools (Terraform, Ansible, Puppet, Chef)
- Continuous Integration tools (Gitlab CI/CD, Github Actions, ArgoCD, Tekton, Flux, Jenkins)
- Kubernetes, HELM, Kustomise knowledge
- Docker Registry, Quay, Gitlab Container Registry, Docker Build Tools (e.g. Kaniko)
- Version Control Systems experience (e.g. GitLab, BitBucket, Git)