Global Bank trading BI system
Global Bank trading BI system
Our Customer is a banking service and integrated financial solutions provider to major corporations and financial institutions around the world with over 40 million customers worldwide. Endava’s expert team have helped analyse and implement an ETL that is to feed data into an already existing BI solution and augment it with Equities transaction data analysis.
One of the business goals of the service providers was to monitor their trading activities and answer different sales oriented questions, such as how much money has been made on a particular date range, which sales trader/team delivered the most revenue for the institution, which client are the most profitable.
The institution was already using a sales reporting BI solution, but it was not reflecting deals from all of its businesses. The objective was to analyse the already existing BI solution and find a way to feed the daily as well as all of the available historical data into it.
Endava was chosen as we had previous experience with Business Analysis reporting and rating systems from financial institutions and expertise in developing ETL’s to enhance business functionalities of already existing applications.
This has been one of the smoothest deliveries we have had so far.
After analysing the existing BI Solution’s Data model as well as the data provider’s informational flow Endava came up with a solution for the customer’s problem with the next business flow:
- At each provider’s database a collecting and packaging procedure has been developed to create an incremental data set of trades since last load. Where possible, this procedure was event triggered to provide up to date data; in other cases this event was time triggered.
- A data transfer solution ensured the transfer of the package from the data provider’s world to the reporting world.
- Where possible, reuse of the already existing Messaging Systems was a priority.
- A data consumer and decomposer ensured that the received increment of data is shredded into correct business entities to be processed further. This process was wither time or event triggered, based on the previous step.
- The processing step combined, applied business rules and mapped the data to BI’s source data model.
After the above steps the already existing BI Solution’s procedures consume and transform the data for reporting purposes.
Best practices of controls and alerts have been developed in the above steps in order to avoid data poisoning.
Emphasis was put on the reuse of any systems that could fit the purpose in order to minimise the BI Solution’s support cost.
The Endava team worked closely with the customer’s team throughout all project phases of analysis, buildand testing. The delivery of the system on to the production environment was performed by the Endava team.
Part of the project was the deployment of a self-sustainable ETL, making human interaction required only if the tolerance margins are broken using a notification system.
Tens of thousands of trades daily are fed into BI and available to the Stakeholders on demand. Senior Management uses the data feed by Endava’s ETL into their BI Solution to make strategy decisions.